Monday, April 23, 2012

Blessed by 40 Years!!!

Have you ever heard the following?  "The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother."  If that is true, then I am very wealthy indeed!  The highlight of our Florida trip was spending my parents' 40th wedding anniversary with them.

But I would argue that the greatest gift my parents could give me is to love the Savior of sinners.  And this is true, and I am very blessed indeed!

And since I'm on the topic of thankfulness, I also really appreciate the way they love my husband...

So for their anniversary we again headed to the ocean, this time stopping by a park to watch the drawbridge and boats...

Just love their little bums... notice Hannah standing on tippy-toes!?

We are only 7 years into our marriage, but if the Lord wills, I'd like to celebrate our 40th some day...

Isaiah never wants to be far from his daddy...

We celebrated the evening at a steakhouse, and while waiting for a seat, why not snap some pictures...

Their wedding song (Psalm 128):
"Blest the man that fears Jehovah,
Walking ever in His ways;
By thy toil thou shalt be prospered
And be happy all thy days."
 


Cute couple, don't you think?

"In thy wife thou shalt have gladness,
She shall fill thy home with good,
Happy in her loving service
And the joys of mommy-hood."

"Thou shalt see God's kingdom prosper
All thy days, till life shall cease,
Thou shalt see thy children's children;
On Thy people, Lord, be peace."

Afterwards we played a game of mini gulf...
I: "You think Selah hit the ball?"
J: "Just stay by me, Isaiah, I'll show you all how to do it.  Just watch Judah."

Feeding the pond fish...

"My got the red ball!"

Alert: crawler on the green!

Last shot to win!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment