Thursday, March 15, 2012

Around the Home

Just some random shots from around the home...

A mini United States geography unit included 2 'statues of liberty'...

Two little boys into a book.  Judah is only beginning to sound out the simplest of words, so it's only picture reading at this point- but they can spend quite some time doing just that - until they beg Selah to read it for them... 

"Now, where did that delicious-looking ladybug go that I just discovered?" 

When the cousins come for a play date there's always double the fun.  Hannah showing Willa all her favorite toys...

"Every band needs an audience.  Would you care to listen?  We think we sound great!"

Thomas the train- I haven't found a kid that wasn't fascinated yet...



Another by-product of my birthday was a new laundry room!  Before it contained just the basics- a washer, a dryer, a sink.  Now it's painted with cabinets, a drying rack, mop rack, laundry sorter & ironing board holder.  Thanks, Uncle Mike, for helping install the cabinets, and thanks, Mom & Dad, for the birthday gift!!  Below, the kids watch Duane install a new dryer vent to increase room space...

Little things like this make me grateful...
 

I guess I need a better finished-product shot...

And our kitchen painting project is nearly complete!  Do you like our new hanging lanterns? 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE your lanterns! so cozy. and the cutest statute of liberty i ever did see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha. that was Carol, not Paul. Guess he was signed in. :)

    ReplyDelete