Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Uncle Tim got a Kitty!

And he named it "Kitty"! The precious little thing was so lonely the first night (only 6-weeks-old). It curled up on my lap for the evening.
The kids were very interested but also very afraid at first. It took some coaxing...

But it brought back hours and hours of memories for me. Growing up I was only allowed 3 cats at a time- that was Dad's limit. BUT, I had 3 female cats, and every year they would have kittens, sometimes 2 litters in one year! I think at one time we had at least 21 cats in total, until we found good homes for all the kittens. Don't worry, they were all outside cats. But they provided hours of entertainment and companionship.
One of these years we'll get a kitten, but I first want my little girl to be old enough to take care of and enjoy the companionship of a feline.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment