Tuesday, December 14, 2010

For the Love of "Cah-lah" (Color)

Soooo, I haven't posted in a while. I guess we're too busy learning, working or playing to take many pictures lately. Selah's on the verge of reading- just about ready to take off and fly. She's learning how to spell or sound out new words daily. She picks words out from everywhere and spells them back to me. And I'm not pushing- I want it to be her discovery (which she's thoroughly enjoying). When she follows along in the Psalter or Bible or any book we're reading- we are constantly interrupted by the discovery of a new word. This morning she acquired 'David' and 'snow'.

But Selah isn't the only student in the house. Since his BIG sister spends hours (literally) coloring, somebody else has acquired the taste of creating 'art' from colors. Or, "cah-lah", as he usually calls it. I think yesterday Isaiah possibly spent a combined 2 hours just sitting and adding fragments of color to any paper he can get his fingers on.
Markers are by far the favorite medium- thankfully, some genius invented washable ones!
And Duane's been banned to the garage any spare moment he's home. Stain and varnish aren't friends of pregnant women- so his days off are spent prepping our new french doors and all the trim and headers for our 'almost' finished family room. Pictures will be forthcoming!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. cute! wish they had washable crayons the day after we listed our house with the realtor when the twins took markers to the NEWLY PAINTED hallway...up and down, up and down... oh well, they were short so we only had to re-paint half of the wall ;)

    ReplyDelete