February started with me in the hospital. Near the end of last year I had discovered that I had 2 rather large kidney stones. So, around the end of January I had a surgical procedure scheduled to 'blast' the stones to bits. Sounds simple, right? Well, after a few days of fighting dangerously high fevers, I was finally admitted the 1st of February and had surgury that night to remove a blocking stone fragment and insert a ureter stent. But thankfully that resolved the issue and I was soon home and on my way to health. That is, until the flu virus hit our family. It seems like it has been a brutal winter for families with young children.
So what does Daddy do to beat the winter blues with Mommy sick on the couch? Why not paint a wall, of course!

"Look, Mom, my shirt is mostly covered" (just not the arms and legs, ahem!)
So what does Daddy do to beat the winter blues with Mommy sick on the couch? Why not paint a wall, of course!
"Look, Mom, my shirt is mostly covered" (just not the arms and legs, ahem!)
But there was one great highlight to February: visiting Willow Valley with many of our friends!
Here's my favorite picture: Selah & Julia in the pool...(I'll post more photos in another entry)
And Hannah with her Daddy. Duane was the last in our family to succomb to the flu virus. And he was shivering away with fevers while enjoying our trip with friends...

No comments:
Post a Comment