Saturday, January 14, 2012

Too Much?

When life gets too full, blogging falls way down on the list. So I apologize about the lack of posts. It definately is not due to lack of events or pictures to share! I still have a few posts of the rest of our family time spent in MI and tons of great pictures of holiday family time. And I want to share about our new homeschooling co-op. And... finally, there's no more black-wallpaper-with-pink-flowers in our kitchen and dining room! Instead, we finally chose 2 colors from among these 9 options...
...and Duane is currently painting the walls for a completely new look. Very exciting! (and a lot of work!)

But all those posts will have to wait.

What do you do when life gets too full, when the work is just too much? When there's just not enough hours to fit in all the things you think you just need to do? My mind keeps traveling back to great words, memorized years ago:

"If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory."

So I don't think I need more hours in the day. I need my vision adjusted. A couple weeks ago our Pastor shared a needed clarification from Hebrews 12:1-2. Running the race and wrestling against the sin that so easily besets us is not accomplished through more discipline, but only through focusing on Jesus. So often when life gets too full we just try harder to keep on top of things. Instead we just need to spend more time with our Master.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. From someone who's been there with little ones)and a new house): it's a LOT of work...it's busy...sometimes it's draining day to day. But in the end it's all about Christ: what we do with what we have, where we are. Make those precious memories with your family, like I know you're doing. But don't worry about the little things outside~they'll always be there. Watch out for Satan's guilt about not doing this or that...our minds are always going to think that what we're doing isn't enough. Thankfully we have the Word, and it teaches us more than we need to know. We do need to think about things of the earth, but in light of things above. I'm not an expert here~by FAR!~but looking back i've learned a few things. You're doing a great job with those kids, Mary. I pray for strength and wisdom for you and Duane~you're a blessing to more people than you know!

    ReplyDelete